Drum Lessons by Alain Rieder
The world of rhythm & drumming
For students of all ages and levels
- I'm a graduate of the Musicians Institute in Los Angeles.
- I am the author of fine drum books available worldwide.
- Courses are given in English or French.
Experience the pleasure of learning with a qualified musician
- Lessons are individual and weekly.
- You receive 100% of my attention, and the regularity allows you to progress optimally.
- It is possible to have double lessons as well as more than one lesson per week.
5-day intensive courses
- One individual lesson per day for five days.
- For an improvement or an initiation.
- To prepare a recording, a concert, an exam or just for fun.
- Lessons are single (50 min.) or double.
- The courses take place in Geneva, Switzerland, in the Servette area, in a well-equipped basement room, a couple of steps away from a tram stop, and two stops from the Cornavin train station.
- In the room there are two professional quality drumsets, and a comfortable headphone system.
- Lessons may include help or advice in the field of musical computer skills applied to music and practicing.
Topics & styles
- Jazz : jazz time & coordination, standard tunes and structures, jazz classics, ensemble interpretation & big-band.
- Blues : Songs and blues forms, authentic shuffle and slow blues playing, etc.
- Soul, R&B, funk : R&B classics, Motown, James Brown classic grooves, etc.
- Pop, rock, fusion : Tunes, songs & structures, odd meters, etc.
- World : Afro cuban, brasilian, reggae & african styles.
- Technique : Musical application of rudiments and melodic phrasing, polyrhythms and soloing over ostinatos.
Contact me for more information
You will receive full information about prices and course possibilities.
By subscribing to my newsletter, you will receive updates on new blog articles and exercises, promotions, and upcoming methods!
Upon confirming your registration, you will be able to download:
- excerpts from Time Initiation & Time Manipulation.
- explanations of my Pattern Morphing System concept.
- metronome tracks to use with the exercises.
- previews of an upcoming advanced and innovative method.